Proven Methods for Weight Loss Science
Failure to choose routines, not eating the right foods or not complying with the necessary time, undermine the obsessive quest for weight loss. What are the steps that, based on studies, recommends the scientific community.
The science made hundreds of tests to lose kilos that gave positive results:
- Throughout the time different forms emerged, diets, exercises and endless recommendations for weight loss. For some, losing pounds is practically an obsession. This uneasiness led to the emergence of gurus promising infallible methods, dieticians advising diet routines or fit stars influencing physical activities that sometimes rub the edge of resistance. All new ideas, but at the same time dubious effectiveness.
- Science also took sides in this dilemma. To find answers to the indecipherable enigma that means to lose weight, hundreds of studies were carried out in the scientific community. With the collaboration of volunteers and searching for the greatest possible property, the analyzes were carried out at different scales. Below is a list of a number of certified expert tips.
The best aerobic exercises
Running and jumping rope are the most recommended aerobic activities
- The University of Copenhagen, Denmark, deepened the consequences of one of the most popular sports in recent times, running. An analysis, published in The Journal of Sports Medicine, found that running 5 kilometers per week is enough to reduce an average of five pounds of fat, provided it is accompanied by a balanced diet.
- But there is a better variant to running, because according to research from the University of Jena, Germany, jumping rope is much more effective than running, not only by caloric consumption but almost avoiding exposure to muscle damage. The experts came to the conclusion that this aerobic exercise spends 24 percent more energy than running by performing both activities at the same intensity.
Add soluble fiber, ideal ally
- About a sample of 1100 adults, a study published in the journal Obesity Journal explained that every 10 grams of soluble fiber that subjects added to their diet their abdominal fat was reduced by 3.7% over 5 years due to the effect saciante of this type of fiber that dissolves in the water. Some foods contain a greater amount: oat bran, oats, barley, peas, apples and carrots.
More hours of sleep
- Sleeping the right amount of hours is critical for muscle recovery
The difficulties that bad sleep produce in the body are known. Anyone who has rested little could appreciate how it affects from mood, humor and even the ability to concentrate, among others. In addition to all of this, it can also affect the fitness agenda.
- A study conducted at the Center for Psychobiology and Exercise Studies, University of São Paulo, Brazil, revealed that there is a direct relationship between sleeping poorly and the inability to lose weight: lack of sleep decreases the activity of synthesis pathways of proteins, which are the structural basis of muscles.
The deficit of the hours of rest interferes with the mechanisms from the appetite and the regulation of glucose levels to the secretion of hormones, such as growth hormone, melatonin, cortisol and leptin.